Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Womens only Tri Camp

This weekend i had the pleasure of attending a womens only triathlon camp in Forster. It was a great weekend. I learnt so much about the sport, got to hear some inspirational stories and hear how much work the professionals put into their training.
I came home with a new understanding of the requirements to achieve huge goals. I also came home exhausted which is playing havoc with my thoughts.
For all the good the camp did, im now struggling to get back into it. Im tired and questioning whether i have bitten of more than i can chew in relation to my goal for next year.
Im having thoughts that maybe i need to pull out of Port and give myself another 12mths to get ready for it.
Im finding that im not enjoying training, im finding it a real chore, where as before it was heaps of fun and i looked forward to each session. Now im just finding it damn hard work and i am continually questioning if i really can achieve the distances i need in the time that is allocated.
I have tried to get my mind back into a good spot, but im failing miserably at the moment. I feel like giving up but on the other hand, giving up is not an option. Im hoping that i will get out of this funk in a day or two and get back into it.
I think i need to chat with coach and get a good butt kicking.

No comments:

Post a Comment