Friday, August 14, 2009

getting sorted.

Had a great day today. The head was in an excellent place and i felt really positive.
I kept track of my food, got an assignment finished and started 2 others and then this afternoon went and did a spin class before dinner.
Seeing as though i am hopeless as getting out of bed early, i am now doing the classes at 5.30pm. This way i still get the exercise i need and also some me time after a day at work or with the kidlet.
Tomorrow will be a bit of a spin on the bike to keep getting used to riding it and on Sunday i have the 5km run. Im hoping to improve my time from last year by 2 or 3 minutes. I would love to get under the 50mins.
I have been in contact with 2 local girls who are into running and triathlons so hopefully i may find a training partner or two. That would be great.
Anyway, last weekend was a great break. It taught me heaps about my mental toughness. I pushed thru the pain and self doubt i was having at the 10km mark of the C2S and finished. Admittedly it wasnt in the time i had hoped for, but im proud that i finished. I will be back next year and will be more prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment