Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Post C2S

Sunday was my first attempt at City to Surf. It certainly is a challenge to finish. I managed 2hr 37 mins. Bit depressed about it as it was very slow. I was hoping for under 2hr 30. I also died severely over the last 5kms. But considering 10km is the longest i had ever run/walked before i shouldn't be to sad.
Had a great interval session session the next morning with KB's hubby (thanks rob). Learnt a few things and got some excellent advice.
But im still struggling with negative thoughts and self doubt. I know what i want to achieve and in my positive moments i know i can achieve them. But then the "glass half empty" persons pipes up and i get all negative. It makes it hard. It would also be nice to have someone up here to train with, someone to guilt me/nag me/bully me into training.
Anyway, went for a swim today. Did a 300mtr time trial again, and managed 10 seconds faster. I should be happy as it felt a lot slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment