Monday, June 6, 2011

Plodding along

Thats what im doing. Plodding along, trying to watch the diet, making sure i exercise and just trying to get into a good routine.
I must admit, reading the forums i am a bit worried about some of the girls on there. There seems to be quite a few that are coming down with injuries. I wonder if they are not listening to their bodies, not remembering that some have not done any form of exercise in a long time and their bodies need time to adjust.
Just because the program wants you to burn 500 calories a day 5 times a week and then a super day of 1000 calories doesn't mean you go out and start doing classes and thing you really are not ready for. Im quite shocked by some of the stories coming out about some of the gyms. Having studies my cert III in fitness and being a qualified group instructor, im sad to hear that some are getting hurt in classes. Yes some of the responsibility is on the instructor, but people need to start listening to their bodies. I dont mean not pushing yourself or quiting when its a bit hard, but knowing where your limits are. Dont try an advanced exercise until your body is ready to cope with it.
Anyway, thats my little rant for today.
I suppose it comes from the fact that im dealing with the consequences of not listening to my body last year when i should have. I knew my muscles were exhausted but i pushed on and broke. Now 7 months later im slowly getting back to some level of fitness, even though it still presents limitations.
All i can say is that no amount of weight loss is worth damaging yourself and possibly leaving yourself with and permanent injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment