Thursday, May 14, 2009

6km.

Today i did a lovely 6km run/walk.  I decided to take the pressure of myself, forget my expectations of what i should be doing, where i should be up to, and how quick or far i should be going and just went out and enjoyed it.
Surprise, surprise, i had a really good run.  I did a nice 10min warm up, then jogged for 2min, walked for 4 mins for the next 4kms, and it felt really good.  I even found the 2min jog seemed to flow for once.
Once i reached the 5km mark it was all uphill home.  So i cut the jog down to 1min jog, 3 mins walk and just concentrated on being able to jog uphill.
So im home now, feeling happy with how it went.

I have received the email back from the Gold Coast organisers and they have confirmed that if i dont finish the 10km in the 1hr 30min they will be pulling the slow runners off the course and a DNF will be recorded.
I has put a different light on the run now. Will have to sit and decide if i want to do it or not. I will just see how the training is going, but not sure if it is worth the money to do a late entry and still be pulled off the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment